Chateau St. Julien is the ideal setting for special parties and events from reunions of family and friends to gala birthdays, costume balls, anniversaries and other celebrations, or simply as a base to explore this culturally rich but largely undiscovered region.
Guests unwind and reconnect as they relax and play in this sanctuary of calm and beauty.
Food is the center of many occasions and can be provided in a number of ways to meet individual tastes and budgets. The chateau can help clients connect with one of the many excellent caterers in the region, find a “chef a domicile” to be the in-house cook or turn the fully equipped kitchen over for self-catering. Supplies are readily available from nearby supermarkets, lucious outdoor produce markets or from our own large organic garden.
Whatever the event we are available to help make it happen
bit of history (in french): In the tenth century, the land became the lordship of Saint Julien, belonged to Ebles Manzer, Count of Poitou. At its
death, the Countess Angela, his wife, donated the monastery of the Holy Trinity of Poitiers. Oldest act
tribute chartier preserved in the monastery was made December 20, 1310 by William Cléret. The building
is designated “noble house of Clairetz & hostel.” In 1687, the castle and the earth pass family Varant St,
and not marriage, the family of the Frémaudière. An act of homage of July 27, 1762, cites Sir René Augsutin
Boinet Lord of the noble house of the fief of Clariet in Saint Julien. Jospep Boinet sold the domain to M. Pallu
Bellay in 1805, and thereafter, the daughter of the latter will sell to Mr. Cadoret Beaupreau. This will yield the castle
1861 Madame la Comtesse de Beauchamp, born Lanet. The house seems to have been almost entirely rebuilt
to 1867. The spiral staircase of the east wing door restoration dates: 1906-1907.
By 1960, the castle was bought by a community of Benedictine nuns who occupy until 1999
…and after to the actual owner for weddings and holidays!!!